Hostaway is the fastest-growing global SaaS start-up in the vacation rentals industry. Our products provide the best and most cost-effective solutions for property managers and vacation rental owners. Our major partners include Airbnb, Booking.com, Expedia, and several other leaders in the industry.
As the leading property management and vacation rentals platform (PMS and Channel Manager), our mission is simple: To build a cutting-edge product by teaming up with exceptional thinkers and passionate go-getters.
We strive to foster the best environment for our team members, to cultivate growth and inspiration and create an exceptional experience on our team.
Since launching in 2015, Hostaway has been rapidly expanding our teams in Toronto and Barcelona. As a fast-paced startup, our goal is to create a culture of self-starting individuals with a tenacity for learning and a sense of urgency born out of passion for growth.
Work with us. Grow with us. Win with us.
Our Toronto team is looking for a Talent Coordinator to join our People & Culture team to build an exceptional experience for everyone applying to join our team as well as our current team members.
As Talent Coordinator, you are responsible for developing our Talent strategy, working closely with our People & Culture Manager as well as Team Leaders at Hostaway across Barcelona, Toronto, Helsinki, Russia, and Australia.
What this role is all about:
- Building a pipeline of top talent through researching, sourcing and networking (inbound and outbound)
- Effectively managing a high volume of roles and candidates across our 5 cities and 6 departments, full-cycle, with minimal direction
- Creating metrics, KPIs and working alongside your Team Lead to build a data-driven P&C team
- Use our ATS (Recruitee) realtime to manage the recruitment process, optimize the software and carry out trainings, as well as to generate reports for knowledge sharing
- Working strategically with Hiring Managers to make decisions and evaluate talent, autonomously
- Problem-solve candidate scenarios as they come up
- Building processes and documentation, by updating our Confluence Page and internal drive database
- Provide fantastic support to internal stakeholders ensuring that the recruiting process runs smoothly on a weekly to bi-weekly basis
- Building onboarding and off-boarding processes
- Preparing documents for the administrative aspects of the employee lifecycle and ensuring that all systems are updated
- Driving new hiring strategies, related but not limited to, diversity and inclusion, employee experience, scaling our company and culture
- Staying up-to-date on latest industry best practices and trends and conducting knowledge sharing sessions with P&C team and Management team
- Creating internal programs and training for employees (Slack, workplace policies, Confluence, etc)
- Working with People & Culture Manager to launch benefits program
- Work with Operations Coordinator to create administrative processes and work with HRIS
- 2-3 years of experience with recruitment, HR, talent acquisition
- Excellent capabilities around boolean and other search methods
- 360-degree experience in sourcing and recruiting for various roles within a technology company
- You have unparalleled communication skills and quickly establish rapport with people and establish value
- Some knowledge of HR functions and Labor Laws in Canada (Europe is a big bonus)
- Great time-management skills with the ability to handle various open positions simultaneously
Your profile/work ethic:
- A proven culture thought leader
- You feel efficient, positively challenged, and inspired operating in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency
- Taking on several projects and growing your task list is not a foreign concept to you as your bottom line is prioritization and thinking critically
- You dream big when it comes to setting targets and exceeding them
- You love processes and excel
- If there's a high-calibre candidate in Europe and their only availability is 6:30 am your time, you're up for the challenge and willing to work flexibly to move with the flow and pace of the business's needs
- You're excited about start-ups and being an early pioneer of massive growth but understand uphill climb ahead and feel excited about building the foundation
Who we are:
- A global SaaS team with a culture that has Scandinavian values at heart, valuing openness, freedom, and success of the individual
- Super fast-paced team currently doubling & tripling our teams, seeking out the leaders of tomorrow
- A team of creatives, big thinkers, and ambitious humans
- Diverse and open-minded. We don’t care much for labels nor traditional thinking
We want to offer you:
- A great working space located in a fantastic space, downtown Toronto
- Team lunches, outings, fitness classes, and more
- Endless growth and career opportunities
- Annual company trips to exciting locations
- Support for potential future relocation to any one of our offices
- Handpicked team of the best people
If this sounds like a team you’d like to be a part of right away - then we can’t wait to hear about you!
Let’s get in touch and discuss your next, big career move.