Hostaway is the fastest-growing global SaaS start-up in the vacation rentals industry. Our products provide the best and most cost-effective solutions for property managers and vacation rental owners. Our major partners include Airbnb, Booking.com, Expedia, and several other leaders in the industry.
As the leading property management and vacation rental platform, our mission is simple: To build a cutting-edge product by teaming up with exceptional thinkers and passionate go-getters. We strive to foster the best environment for your team members, to cultivate growth and inspiration and create an exceptional experience on our team.
Since launching in 2015, Hostaway has been rapidly expanding our teams in Toronto and Barcelona. As a fast-paced startup, our goal is to create a culture of self-starting individuals with a tenacity for learning and a sense of urgency born out of passion for growth.
Work with us. Grow with us. Win with us.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our fast-growing team of curious intellects and hard workers.
The Quality Assurance Engineer will act as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance and quality of products and services. You will be a key member of the development team that holds all responsibility for supporting the planning, design and execution of software testing activities within Hostaway.
Reporting to the CTO, you will work collaboratively with Product and Development and with other business units to ensure product quality and end-to-end testing with every application including API, automations, and manual testing.
- A university degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of extensive experience as Quality Assurance (QA) professional with large mobile or web-based, service-oriented enterprise systems and client/server applications
- Result-oriented with a high degree of accountability, commitment and responsibility
- Strong skills in productively using Slack + JIRA + Confluence
- Professional working proficiency in English and Russian
- Ensure the QA process is documented and well-communicated to ensure agreed quality levels for the application
- Managing the triage and prioritization of testing
- Recurrently producing and communicating QA metrics and KPIs, to the management and engineering team (with tools like SonarQube)
- Facilitating communication up and down the ladder in an Agile environment
- Experience in Mobile or web-based solutions
- Hands-on skills in Linux (Ubuntu), Jenkins
- Knowledge of automated and manual testing with Cucumber, Selenide, JUnit, Allure and Gradle, AWS,
- Provide guidance on reviewing, evaluating, and driving requirements for testability to ensure review processes are adhered to
- Design and support automation frameworks and scripts during all phases of testing for both agile and non-agile phases of projects
- Lead or provide guidance on setting up, configuring, and deploying test setups, fixtures, and instrumentation as required by the test plans and or test standards
- Perform analysis of test results and prepare comprehensive subsystem and/or system level evaluation reports to verify and validate system performance
Who you are and what you know:
- You are an excellent communicator with experience in Agile and Automation tools, and can dig into DevOps & System administration
- Passionate about fast-paced startup environments, with cutting-edge development and quality assurance practices
- You are self-motivated, self-reliant, proactive, and hands-on experience with lots of technologies, who thinks in statements such as “How can I make this problem disappear?” rather than saying, “I can’t make the problem disappear”
- You can guide the entire engineering team to become quality-oriented
We want to offer you:
- Remote work with flexible hours
- A world-class team of leaders, innovators, and entrepreneurs that come from diverse backgrounds
- Freedom of choosing your own tools for automation, as long as they can support our current stack
- Working alongside a technically competitive team, and on a very modern platform using modern technologies
If this sounds like a team you’d like to be a part of right away - then we can’t wait to hear from you!
Let’s get in touch and discuss your next, big career move.