QA Automation Engineer - 100% Remote
RemoteWarsaw, Praha, Hlavní město, CzechiaEngineering
Hostaway is the fastest-growing global SaaS start-up in the vacation rentals industry. Our products provide the best and most cost-effective solutions for property managers and vacation rental
owners. At Hostaway our mission is to partner with property managers in the growth of their business by providing tools to achieve their goals. We are solutions-oriented and our partners Airbnb, Vrbo and Booking.com recognize this by awarding us Preferred and Premier statuses.
We are the highest rated software in the industry on Capterra.com. Our team is not too big, but very skilled - we beat competitors with 5 times bigger teams by being much more effective. Our promising future will enable your career to grow with us, you decide - management or tech leadership tracks. Since launching in 2015, Hostaway has been rapidly expanding our teams in Toronto and Barcelona. As a fast-paced startup, our goal is to create a culture of self-starting individuals with a tenacity for learning and a sense of urgency born out of a passion for growth.
The Quality Assurance Engineer will act as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance and quality of products and services. You will be a key member of the development team that holds all responsibility for supporting the planning, design and execution of software testing activities within Hostaway. We are looking to hire a results-driven web and mobile QA engineer to analyze, troubleshoot, and optimize web and mobile products for our clients across multiple platforms including web applications, iOS, and Android. A top-notch specialist should be developing automated tests in Java.
- Proven 3+ years of work experience in software Quality Assurance.
- Experience in manual and automation testing of products in operating systems such as iOS and Android.
- Experience in developing automated test scripts for Mobile, Web UI, API, E2E autotests creation.
- Practical knowledge of Java, Maven or Gradle, Junit or TestNG, Selenium, Selenide, Appium, RestAssured, Allure.
- Skills in mobile testing tools for iOS and Android.
- Experience with one of the performance testing tools: Jmeter or Gatling.
- Practical skills in CI/CD processes using Jenkins.
- Experience in REST API testing and Unit & Integration tests for backend services.
- Professional usage of tools and technologies such as: Postman, Git, Docker.
- Knowledge of SQL language and relational databases like MySQL.
- Ability to meet challenging deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test cases and test documentation.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Good communication skills (English, Intermediate+ level).
- Design and execute manual tests on GUI and API levels.
- Develop and run Mobile, Web UI, API, E2E autotests.
- Create and maintain detailed, comprehensive test documentation and test cases.
- Participate in code reviews and contribute to improving the overall quality of the code.
- Analyze test results and report bugs to the bug tracking system.
- Provide QA for mobile and web.
- Continuously improve the QA process and testing methodologies.
- Be an active Scrum team member taking care of quality of delivered IT solutions.
You can expect from us
- Working with technical background management
- Mentoring by an experienced QA Automation engineers
- Opportunity in choosing technologies used, tools and processes
- Truly agile product development
- Fast decision making, no bureaucracy
- Work-life balance - no overworking and silly deadlines
- Joining the global project which has achieved Product Market Fit
- Career growth and professional development assistance
We want to offer you
- Stable competitive salary (The final compensation will vary based on individual experience, skills, and job-based knowledge)
- Stock Options Program
- Remote work opportunity
- Flexible work schedule
- Co-working space refund
- Annual paid vacation
- Payment for tuition and courses
- Multicultural working environment
- CV evaluation by the technical specialist
- Non-technical interview - 30 minutes introduction call
- Technical interview - 1 hour conversation with the team
- Cultural Fit Interview - 45 minutes talk with the Management