Join the leading and fastest growing company in the vacation rental industry! Our product is a unique vacation rental software solution for professional property managers.
We are seeking an experienced, detail-oriented and trustworthy engineering manager with proven leadership skills to join our growing team. In this position, you will play a key role in the overall success of our organization by planning, managing, and monitoring engineering functions. You will be responsible for overseeing various engineering projects, processes and timelines, and making any necessary adjustments in order to ensure successful completion.
About the company
Our mission is to partner with property managers in the growth of their business by providing tools to achieve their goals. We are solutions-oriented and our partners Airbnb, Vrbo and Booking.com recognize this by awarding us Preferred and Premier statuses. Our product is a PMS & Channel Manager system that allows you to synchronize work with travel portals. We provide tools to automate and simplify marketing, sales, communication, operations, reporting and accounting.
Engineering Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the engineering leader and technical expert
- Answer questions and resolve issues brought forth by the engineering team members
- Hire, train, and supervise engineering staff members
- Create detailed engineering plans, processes, and procedures for engineering staff to use and abide by
- Propose and oversee timelines for engineering projects
- Check and confirm the accuracy of the work performed and the methods used by engineering staff
- Conduct various tests and quality assurance checks to verify the quality of completed projects
- Communicate and collaborate with other managers, suppliers, and contractors
- Prepare and deliver various engineering-related presentations, both internally and externally
- Provide input in strategic technical decisions and solutions, when needed
- Build the entire technical documentation and project roadmaps
PHP is the main programming language for the back-end. The front-end is React. Mobile app is written on React Native. Nearly all data is stored in a relational database (MySQL). We use Grafana, PagerDuty, Sentry for monitoring, and Jenkins for deployment.
We offer you
Being part of the Hostaway team is a partnership. We strive to make Hostaway a place where you can thrive and do your most inspirational work. Here are a few benefits we offer:
- Professional development assistance
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours and work from home (100% remote)
- Colleagues from all over the world
- Payment for tuition, courses and conference tickets
- Stock Options Program
- Screening call with Head of Engineering
- Meeting with members of the team
- Final interview with CTO and Head of Product
Ready to get started? Apply now and we'll get back to you shortly! We will continue to accept new applications until the position is filled.
- 6+ years of experience in software engineering, or in a similar position (CTO, Head of Engineering Department, Technical Lead, Team Lead, Senior Software Engineer);
- Experience with agile development methodologies;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Russian and English languages level Advanced +
- Analytical and mathematical mind, capable of evaluating and solving various complex problems
- Leadership skills necessary to manage and develop a team and build effective interaction between team members.
- Organizational competencies and project management skills to keep projects, processes, and the entire engineering team on track
- Experienced in remote, SaaS softwares (not consultancy/project companies)